Problem with 56k modem on A8N-SLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

satnam

Solid State Member
Different Modem Worked fine..

Hello, Everyone..

I am building a new amd computer with following spec..

Motherboard:: A8N-SLI Deluxe
CPU:: AMD 3500+
Memory:: 1 stick of 512MB at initial
Modem Bestdata 56HP92-SL

Here is how I bulid the system..

At intial install of OS only the Mouse, Keyboard, DVDROM, Floopy was in the system.. (no modem installed in PCI slot)

Os installed fine no problem.. Then i loadded all of the motherbord driver followed by video card driver.. (system was restart after each download of driver)..

Then shut off the system and Installed PCI modem and restart the system.. Installed the driver and try to run it.. Modem picked up the phone but did not dial a number and COmputer freezed and Blue screen showed up.. and same problem everytime...

This time modem was sharing IRQ18 with Video card.. Should not modem and video card has it own IRQ? I don't want to manual set all of the IRQ because I don't know great knowlege of IRQ.. System can do better job of assigning all of the IRQ.. I noticed that modem always seemed be shared IRQ with some other device, which might be casuse of problem..

Is there any was slove this problem?

This is the 4th time i reinstalled the OS and same problem with modem.. Modem work fine on different AMD and Intel computer fine..

Anyone else had this problem with AMD systems? how can i slove this problem..

Thanks for all help!!

If you go into control panel & modems, theres a button in there that will run a diagnostic test that checks the system is communicating with the modem (I think its called 'query modem' in XP). If its working, the test will return a series of AT commands.

If this works but still can't dial out without crashing, you could try moving the modem to a different PCI slot. This should assign a different IRQ to the modem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom