problem with 486

Status
Not open for further replies.

jason_daniels

Baseband Member
i want to flash the bios on a 486 motherboard is there anything i should know before i do it? how do i go about it in the first place?? and can i even upgrade the bios on this dinosaur at all? i cant upgrade or so the person who owns it says, they say the program is too slow for a faster processor. makes no sense to me and on top of that it wont recognize the boot floppy. any help would be appreciated.

Tell them it's time

Garbage%20Can.jpg

jason_daniels said:
i want to flash the bios on a 486 motherboard is there anything i should know before i do it? how do i go about it in the first place?? and can i even upgrade the bios on this dinosaur at all? i cant upgrade or so the person who owns it says, they say the program is too slow for a faster processor. makes no sense to me and on top of that it wont recognize the boot floppy. any help would be appreciated.

#1 it's soo old good lucky trying to flash it

#2 no use trying if it cant see a floppy

Well, he sounds like people where I live. In my area, its still quite common to be using a 486 with "3.1 Winders" as they say it. There is a saying that "if its not broke don't fix it"....but there comes a point when you just have to move on.

Thats tight man, best of luck. Wish I could find and run my old 486, it was A Leading Edge. Haha, it would be cool, I remember the huge pile of folders and the pains of DOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom