printhead?? Canon i860 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 02-25-2004, 01:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default printhead?? Canon i860

Hi gang,
I just got a Canon i860 to print my digital pics and I was just wondering what to do with the printhead that I got in the package. I read through all of the documentation (front to back) that I recieved in the box and haven't found anything that even remotely mentions anything about a printhead. Would someone know what to do with this part?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 02-25-2004, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

it should be color coded. i am sure there are actually 3 print cartridges for the i860. it should have markings on the cartridge holders. since you are using this photo printer i would assume you have a digital camera.

take a picture of the cartrigde holders by lifting the hood on the front of the printer. the power should be plugged in and the holders will slide out for you to insert cartridges. take a picture of the cartridges too. attach them to your post. you may have to resive the pictures down , max file attachment is 51K

Old 02-25-2004, 04:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

I've already installed the cartridges. I see what you are saying and it leads me to conclude that it is an extra printhead. I'm not sure if that is good news or bad news.
Do you know if they tend to wear out quickly?
Old 02-25-2004, 09:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

OK so it goes under the print cartridges in something that appears to be a printhead too.
Why do they call it a printhead if it belongs under the cartridges?
Old 03-02-2004, 10:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

For an inkjet printer, pinhead is always inside a cartridges , so everytime when you change a new ink , you also change a new pinhead
Closed Thread