Printers

Status
Not open for further replies.

makitaman60

Baseband Member
Hey Guys, thought I would get some expert advice on Printers. I'm needing a wireless good quality printer, ink jet or laser dosen't matter as long as it does a neat clean print, be nice if it would print front & back but ok if it dosen't ( Really can save paper that way). I have had very bad experience with the Lexmark wireless, it was a steady problem going into sleep mode even after I downloaded from there site to fix this problem. I finally just tossed it out the back door and emptied a 17 round clip of 9mm in it, that didn't fix it either but it made me fill better and their's a lot more of it now.Let me hear some opinions before I buy.

Thank's
Makitaman60 :)

From what i know only Lexmark has a WiFi printer as of right now. It is a inkjet. That might be your only option as of now.

Cheers,
Mak

Hp always gets my vote, excellent printers. Been dealing with inkjet and laser printers for close to 5 years now and HP always comes up top. The two models above are fine.

It's a shame about the bloatware but at least the ink/toner is reasonable and you can find refills and generics for about half that price.

Thank's guy's I'll check out the HP,I spotted one at Best Buy not sure of the model. I'll let you know what get. I think the Lexmark I had was one of the first WiFi , still had some bugs to work out.

Makitaman60

Well the HP 7280 was the winner ! I got it today at Sam's , fairly easy to set up, real high quality. Hope it will last me awhile.Thank's again for all the support on helping me select a printer.
Makitaman60:)

I found that if you install HP printers by just putting the CD in the drive and letting Windows find the drivers itself (rather than running HP's install program), the printer will work and there won't be any bloatware installed. Worked fine with my USB PhotoSmart C4480 printer/scanner. Not sure how well that will work on a wireless printer though. You could also consider a normal printer with a wireless print server.

Hey CalcProgrammer1 , wanted to try to install the printer the way you had mention. Just how do I go about doing that ? When it comes to computers I know just enough to get me in trouble, but this bloatware on this printer is killing me and my laptop and my desk top. My laptop is a Dell XPS 1530 and man I could not believe how much the software from that printer slow it down.There is just so much stuff running in the back it's unreal ! I have it all un-installed on my laptop and everything went into overdrive again. If I can just get it to print (wireless) that will make me happy, I can do everything else at the printer, like photo's, copies, etc. I would be most greatful for any suggestion & help you could give. Thank's
Makitaman60:)

Not entirely sure how to use a wireless printer. With a USB printer, you can put the HP CD in the drive but close out of any HP installer or background processes it tries to start using task manager. Then when Windows detects the printer and comes up with the Add Hardware box, it will search the CD and automatically install the drivers without making you install HP's annoying software. However, that's with a USB printer. What I'd try doing is putting the CD in the drive and closing all the processes related to installation (like I mentioned earlier) and then going to Add Printer in the control panel and look on the network for your printer. Once you find it, the PC will install drivers for it and should find the CD, installing necessary files as needed without the HP stuff. Like I said, this method worked well for me using a USB printer on Vista and XP computers, but I can't guarantee that it'll work for wireless. I'd definitely give it a try though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom