Printer Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

XtoTam

Solid State Member
Hello everyone, I seem to be having a bit of a problem.

I have a (crappy) pretty old Epson Stylues Color 740 that hasn't been functioning well the last time I used it. So couple of days ago I decided to check it out, and reordered ink. The ink arrived today and I installed it without problems. Now when I try to print out a test page nothing happens. The printer just sits there idly. Here are screenshots to better explain:

screen19ao.jpg

screen22vj.jpg

Thanks for any help.

Windows XP i assume? Is it installed using its own drivers or does XP pick it up auto? If XP picks it up, try getting the proper drivers. If not, uninstall and re-install printer.

Smiffy

@Desiboi, the printer is connected via USB

@Smiffjunior2005, Yes, Windows XP, Xp picks it up, the problem is there are NO drivers for Windows XP for this printer. I looked everywhere, they don't exist. Uninstalling and reintsalling won't work because the cd I have doesn't run in Win XP, it goes up to Win 2000 max.

Your printer is not compatible with XP. I had an old Epson, WIN98 drivers worked for me.

@CageMW, I am looking into this possibility as the last resort, I'm still trying to get some juice out of this printer.

@desiboi, I am not sure how that's possible, everytime I try to download Win 2000 drivers, I get a 16bit system error.

Anyone else, maybe some more suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom