Printer "The Port is not connected. Check it."

IDerekI

Baseband Member
Hello,
Today i purchased a Samsung CLP-320 Series printer for my ASUS Notebook N53Jq Series [Win7] though upon installing the provided drivers and software I received "The Port is not connected. Check it." from samsung's pop-up.
Unable to print I tried using a windows print troubleshooter then later downloaded a Microsoft Fix-it Solution where I was unable to find any solutions.
Upon rebooting my laptop I learned that soon after the login screen the printer will print out all of the items within spool, yet after it has stopped we will be no longer able to print via computer command, tell next reboot.

Code:
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers
Icon: Samsung CLP-320 Series (!)
State: Default State ; Shared 
Manufacturer: Samsung Electronics C...
Description Color Laser Printer
Category: Printer

I have now just reset my laptop to ASUS factory settings updated windows and installed the current printer drivers from the manufacturers site and yet I still may not print outside logins spool.

Code:
Firmware/Engine Version : V1.01.01.43 Nov-09-2011 1.00.35
Toner Remaining Yellow 100% Magenta 100% Cyan 100% Black 100%

I have tried disabling bidirectional support as directed by some online thread though that didn't make any noticeable difference so I have re-enabled it.

If anyone has any ideas on how i can position this printer to print on command.. please share :)

i would think the maker or retailer would provide free phone support for installing a new device. They maybe able to fix this quickly.

i would check event viewer for clues on what is erroring. my guess is that the print spooler service is stopping for some reason. they may include a dll in the description. research problems with the dll.

Here is what I had to do to fix this issue with my Samsung printer:

1. Give the printer a static IP address on my network (192.168.0.222 with the router of 192.168.0.1)

2. Go into the printer settings:
Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers\Samsung ML-2950 Series (whatever the printer name is)

3. Create a NEW TCP/IP port with the same IP address (192.168.0.222)

4. Change from the STANDARD TCP/IP port of SamsungML2995.home to the NEWLY CREATED port of 192.168.0.222

5. Made sure that SNMP was checked in the settings for the port

No issues after this.

I also checked router settings and tried to keep port 9100 open but still received the problem but since changing to a STATIC IP address, I've had no issues.

Back
Top Bottom