Printer not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherubimon_3.20

In Runtime
a friend of mine recently bought a Lexmark Z25se color printer. He has tried reinstalling the drivers many times, tried other USB ports, tired a different USb cable but nothing, becuase when he goes file, print a different dialog box shows up to where it "prints to a file", and then says the computer cannot communicate with the printer, and USB is enabled in BIOS and in WinMe.

couple of things with this printer. i have had one. USB sucks, i hate to say it but get a paralell cable. Also i sometimes had to plug and unplug the usb in while it was on to get it to recognize it. Or i had to do an add new printer each time. Delete it in the printer window and reinstall it. Yes tell your friend he bought an ink guzzling piece of junk. The printers are not bad for the price. I got mine for $25 on ebay. it was refurbished. But once you have to change the ink carts once you have just spent more money than you did on the printer.

tech4hire said:
couple of things with this printer. i have had one. USB sucks, i hate to say it but get a paralell cable. Also i sometimes had to plug and unplug the usb in while it was on to get it to recognize it. Or i had to do an add new printer each time. Delete it in the printer window and reinstall it. Yes tell your friend he bought an ink guzzling piece of junk. The printers are not bad for the price. I got mine for $25 on ebay. it was refurbished. But once you have to change the ink carts once you have just spent more money than you did on the printer.

How can the printer be parallel when it only offers USB connectivity. I do not think there are adapters available (USB to Parallel)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom