Printer freezes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego Garcia

Solid State Member
Quite frequently when I clik Print the Printing Preferences pane displays with the Ink Levels greyed out and the error "A communication error has occurred" is displayed. This normally occurs when: a. The printer is switched on immediately before a Print request. b. The printer is switched on but has not been used for an hour or more. Doing a restart displays the ink levels correctly and the printer prints normally.

XP, P4, 2.66ghz, 512mb, 80gb HD, Epson color 760 with Win2000 drivers.

Drivers reinstalled not allowing Windows to search for a driver.
The problem first appeared when I was running W98SE, I hoped it would disappear when switching to a new tower and XP. I suspect this to be a driver problem but have run out of ideas.

What are yours?

Thanks
Diego

USB, which shows in printer properties as USB001. Deleted the windows esc/p 2 printer which kept sneaking in.

have you tried switching the usb priter wire to different usb slots?

also, are you sure your ink cartridges are secured correctly?

best way to check if it is your printer or if its windows/drivers, etc.. is if you have an extra printer laying around the house, try connecting that one..

also, look for your printer's company up on a website, search for the model, see if there are any troubleshooting FAQ's that fall into your catagory.

Dry Ice

If I do a restart the printer will then print OK. If the printer is not switched on before booting the PC its odds on the printer will not print when it is switched on.

sounds like an improperly functioning usb cord or drivers.. have you tried using different usb slots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom