printer duplexer - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login

Old 11-26-2014, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default printer duplexer

Hello there,

I have a question about printer duplexing, i know that a laserprinter prints a lot faster than inkjets but there's this thing.
an inkjet printer can have a duplexer that prints both sides of a paper simultaniously and a laserprinter can't, a laserprinter has too turn the paper around and loop it back around.
My question is if you are using these types of duplexers side by side is the laserprinter still faster ??

BlueLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
The strange one

Default Re: printer duplexer

If you are looking for a faster duplexing print job you need to look for the specification for SPM (sheets per minute).. you can easily compare two printers within your budget regardless of their type.

iParanormalx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I simply want too know this specific answer i know all the alternatives and i know the best value buys.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
The strange one

You're asking a general question.. your answer will most likely be model-specific.

If you want a specific answer you could compare the average SPM of low to high end inkjet and laser printers.
iParanormalx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Newb Techie

yeah that gives me a rough estimate if only i new how much longer it took for an inkjet to print with a double engine. in theory it could not lose speed at all, but well i reckon it does.

Tags
duplexer, printer, printers