Printer Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.
No

it would have to have the printer end on one end...and the computer end on the other. All the adapters are designed to plug directly into a printer. So it would have to have that plug on it.

ok . . . i dont think you understand what im saying . . .

i dont think there IS something that has IEEE-1284c to USB . . .

thats why they have adapters . . .

KEEP THE CABLE YOU HAVE . . .

plug the parallel port (the one that would normally go into the comp) into a gender changer . . .

then plug a regular parallel to usb cable into the other end of the gender changer

plug the usb into your comp . . .

it works on my dads computer at work . . .

either that, or get a new printer . . .

they have em for $35 on newegg . . . . pretty good ones too

No

All the adapters i have found have the usb on one end...and and the part that plugs into your printer on the other end. The gender changer you showed me did not accomplish this.

omg you lack intelligence with english language. Right now you have a cable that wont plug into your laptop. So you take YOUR cable plug it into your printer, then you get an adapter like this one. http://www.techdepot.com/product.asp?productid=4217&iid=1252&Hits=51&HKeyword=gender plug that into YOUR cable. then take a cable like this one http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-999-302&depa=1 and plug it into the adapter thats plugged into your cable which is plugged into your printer. so it goes printer>your cable>adapter>new cable to usb> laptop!

total cost $26.95 + tax . . .

trust me, besides buying a new printer . . . its the only thing you can do

No

I have plenty of intelligence with the English language. I just chose not to excercise it at that time. This combination you are showing will not work. The Belkin USB adapter has the USB plug at one end and the male plug which plugs into your printer normally at the other end. Using my cable and then the gender changer, I only have a female version of the pinned plug that goes into the computer. This female version is of a different format than the male version on the Belkin adapter. The computer end and the printer end on a normal parallel printer adapter are different. This is the problem I have and please don't attack my English skills or I'll have to come kick your techie ass:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom