printer broken? or just out of ink?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spfd

Daemon Poster
i got a laser printer, lexmark optra e.
it's pretty nice.
anyways i got it free ^_^
currently when i print something out, about the last 1/4 of the page width fades away into white and theres nothing there.

im curious, would it be the ink? or the printer boroken?

i just dont want to go and buy a new toner catridge if its broken and waste money =p

have you tried cleaning it out, also try looking online to see if there is a way that you can test to see if your out of toner!

Laser toners will take a huge chunk out of your wallett!

GO 39 DOLLAR LEXMARK INK PRINTERS!!!

Sounds to me like you are out of toner. If you were getting something like striping or ghosting then it might be something else. You can try tapping the cartridge to see if you can move the toner down, but you my just be empty. The printer should have a Diag to see what the level is. And the cost of the toner is like $50. Not all that bad...

I'm a buyer for an imaging supplies wholesaler (toner) and I'll tell you that I'm SURE you are running out of ink.

If you want the OEM toner, the re-order part is 69G8256. We start to sell this at $54.00 (old part, came out in 96). Now I don't know what you'll pay for it in Office Depot, or if they even carry it.

You can get a compatable if you want. It's the same thing as the OEM, but not OEM. Depending on where you get it, the quality will be the same. Our Comaptable part starts @ $23.50. And our quality is top notch (we're a $100 mil a year company, we know what we're doing) but some of these web sites are not. So be carefull.

But those are your choices.

As far as cleaning it, you would need to clean your rollers if you found your prints coming out smudgy. But you have a fading, which means you are running out.

Edit - for the record, I'm not trying to sell you this product. I have no need nor want. Just giving some free advice.

Nice Post Lostman!

I appreciate the candor and the knowledge,,

I am in the consumer market ,,and knowing prices and availabilities are terrific!

cheers

No problem man. If I have experteise that I can share (can tell you now it's NOT spelling) I'm happy to do it.

If anybody else has questions about they're printer and ink, fire away.

well if a new cartidge does not work. It would be the fuser. Not sure how old this printer is but a new fuser may not be worth the money or easy to replace. If a new cartridge works then it is worth the money cause it will last a long time for a individual user. If not check before you purchase the toner cartridge as you may be able to return it. Also wondering if at the fading part of the paper or really any where can you wipe or smudge some of the toner off of the page. this usually points to the fuser if it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom