Print Server Help! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 05:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Send a message via AIM to CrAzY_GaMeR_07
Default Print Server Help!

Hi, I have a Big Problem....
I purchased 2 Hawking Mini Print Servers.
For a present I got a Laser Printer with a parallel port, and decided to use one the of mini servers.

Problem #1
The printer Comes with Drivers for USB and parallel. Scince I have the mini server pluged into a parallel port to use the mini server, i installed the parallel drivers.

The Mini Servers also come with software, i also installed that.

Am I ok Good up to to Point 1?

Problem #2
I turn sharing on:
Start>Printers and Faxes>Right Click>Sharing>Sharing Tab>Then Click Share This Printer.

Now I try to print, and nothing happens. Yes i went to chose to print to the printer. I can go and look in the network and find my printer in it. (Good?) But when i print I get the bubble Document Faild TO Print. I tink its a problem with the ports b/c i installed parallel drivers.

Heres a Screenshot of the ports.
Ports

I am totaly Lost.....

Ideas?

Old 01-13-2006, 06:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

does the print server connect by ethernet?

With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

I dont think its on the right port, what other options do you have when you scroll down? If you put the driver on all the other comps you shouldnt need to share it either.
With all due respect John, I am the head of IT and I have it on good authority. If you type "Google" into Google, you can break the Internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke.........It's not a laughing matter. You can break the Internet.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie

theres a picture of the ports

LPT 1-3 (Printer Port)
com 1-4 (Serial Port)
File (Print to File)

Quote:
does the print server connect by ethernet?
yes sir
Old 01-13-2006, 06:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Monster Techie

do u know its IP?you probably should make a new port for that ip address.The driver should have done that, but you can do it manually.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Monster Techie

once you know the ip, add a new printer.choose local, but uncheck the scan for plug and play printers, then make a new port, tcp/ip port, and type the ip adress in.then go through the rest as normal.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Monster Techie

how do i find the ip
Old 01-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Im assuming the software is no help, maybe some type of IP scanner like angry ip scanner.

angryIP

Closed Thread