Prescott vs. Northwood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Northbridge said:
Great, with all these fast paced processor developments you can't ever milk a system for what its worth by upgrading the processors.:( These may be rumors,but I read the prescott will top out at 5.2GHz and will eventually be on a 775 pin socket.After that a new core will come out called Tejas and will still be based on 90nm. Tejas will top out at 9.2GHz and may contain some 64 bit instructions.Finally another core will come called Nehalem it may yet achieve 10GHz+.:D

Not so......

Supposedly Prescott could make 10ghz.....but with all the heating probs they are having I don't believe it to be true:rolleyes:

And Tejas and Jayhawk have been canned:mad:

The future lies in multicore CPU's and Pentium M Dothan's;)

The prescotts run hotter and there 1mb cache slows them down. When the prescots can sue there fully lined pipelines(long very long) affectively they will be out of this world. Until the prescott hits 3.6ghz it will not be affective and be out performed by its northwood sister. They are going to change the sockit to a lga package. So wait on the prescotss

XT said:
The prescotts run hotter and there 1mb cache slows them down. When the prescots can sue there fully lined pipelines(long very long) affectively they will be out of this world. Until the prescott hits 3.6ghz it will not be affective and be out performed by its northwood sister. They are going to change the sockit to a lga package. So wait on the prescotss

Yeah, I have faith in Intel...Because as mentioned before, Williamete the first P4 was horrid compared to teh P3 when released and now look at how far they have come:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom