prallel port printer work with usb

Status
Not open for further replies.

budddie

Solid State Member
Hi all. Anyone know if a you can plug your printer that needs a parallel port can be plugged into a Universal Serial Bus port through some kind of adaptor? Or will a USB not know what's hitting it if it comes from a parallel cable? I suppose what I mean is are USB ports backwards compatible to equipment that uses a parallel port?
Hope ya can help

will it work?

thanks for that - but will it really work? It seems that some thing s that need a parralel port really do need a parallel port and not a usb? Or is that just crap? Does this adaptor change the usb into a parallel port completely?

I don't know for sure as I've never come across one myself.

The adapter is specified for use with a printer though so should be OK. Might be worth checking the printers manufacturers website however in case there are any issues.

thanks

I gather that the whole matter is complicated - you have to have particular specifications if using an adaptor to change usb to parallel. I wonder are you really better off with a simple parallel port instead of adapting..?

probably. I suspect the printer won't print any faster through USB anyway with an adapter, because of the bottleneck at the printers parallel port.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom