Power Supply Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtySixBelow

Daemon Poster
For some reason my monitor has been having issues staying on and it never has before. Sometimes when I restart it stays in "sleep" mode with an orange light instead of a green one. Also my sound card has been acting up. Sometimes I will be just listening to some music and i will get a super high pitched noise and then it will stop and my computer will completely freeze. I am wondering if maybe my components are not getting enough power from my 350 watt psu. Once I would turn off the computer all the way and let it sit, discharge the psu, and turn it back on the monitor would turn on fine and everything would seem to do ok. That's why i think it's the power supply. It is some cheap brand that I just got in the mean time until i could get a better one, but I have enough money now and am wondering if anyone thinks this is valid evidence of a bad psu and if i should spend my money on a new one.

Does anyone have anything good to say about this one:

Enermax Noisetaker 470w

Looking at your list of hardware I do think you should have a better power supply. However I have to ask.. Does your computer have a surge suppressor? It's a good idea to filter the power before you let it into the system.. Even though a high quality psu should already do this to some degree.

I do have a surge protector. I just can't think of anything else that would cause random shutdowns and wierd errors like this. I know it's not a heat issue, im running at like 47C.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom