Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
Hey guys. Which of these power supplies would you get. They about pretty much the same price. The OCZ ModStream is 450 Watts - but it says the peak wattage is 550 Watts! The Enermax Noisetaker is 485 Watts. But, there is no such separate "peak" watts rating for the Enermax one.

The 12V rating on the Enermax is 32A and of the OCZ ModStream is 26A.

1) Enermax Noisetaker 485 Watts
2) OCZ ModStream 450 Watts

get a antec they are better psus than both of them. only if u can afford cos they also tend to be alittle bit more $$$

Yeah man. But these 2 are the ones that are in the price range I was looking at (<100 Cdn $). Antecs are good, but for the Wattage range they are more expensive than I want to spend. And I am in Canada, so newegg sales don't really help me :(

try tigerdirect.ca then. i would reccommend the OCZ over the ennermax, simply cuz i think they are better quality.

I would go antec, get a true power with a 24 pin connector, so it is future proof.

The whole peak wattage is strange, why dont they just rate it as a 550w psu? What is the purpose for this?

the Ultra X-Connect is a decent PSU. its got a 20 pin connector, not 24, but o well. i love my ultra 500 watt cuz it doesnt clutter up my case, and the PSU looks really nice. it also has 34a on the +12V, so it outputs plenty of power.

AND_YOU_ARE said:

The whole peak wattage is strange, why dont they just rate it as a 550w psu? What is the purpose for this?

hmm.. Antec is a lil bit more expensive / Wattage man. But will check it out. Whats "better" about u in ur opinion (than Enermax and OCZ).

As for the 550 W in ModStream, yeah that confused me too. It says ModStream 450 W. Yet on their website it says under peak loads it's 550 W. Typically I thought these guys always put down the peak Wattage and not the RMS value it can support. Maybe 450 is the RMS value it can support?. Dunno :(. I hate reading ratings! :s..

Similarly ModStream 520 goes up to somthing like 620 Watts (supposedly) :s..

dhw200 said:
the Ultra X-Connect is a decent PSU. its got a 20 pin connector, not 24, but o well. i love my ultra 500 watt cuz it doesnt clutter up my case, and the PSU looks really nice. it also has 34a on the +12V, so it outputs plenty of power.

Is Ultra a good brand man? Haven't heard too much about them..

some people say their spontaneously stop working. mine hasnt had a single problem. they have won awards from a bunch of different places. check em out on tigerdirect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom