which power supply to get

Status
Not open for further replies.
definitely the powerstream ($120), the more expensive one, since you get more performance/dollar

mgoldb2 said:
I just looked up the thermaltake 480W slilent purepower and it not a very good PSU. 18A on the 12V that not what I call good. 18A is the bear min you would want on a PSU.

umm...the we're talking about an AGP machine here....AGP cards don't take up much power at all, 18A@12V is definitely fine...my friend is powering his 6800GT AGP with a crappy god knows how many years old it is 300W generic PSU

mgoldb2 said:

Now what I consider a good PSU is something like the OCz PowerStream 520W OCZ520ADJ or the Antec NeoPower 480W NEOPOWER.

i got t3h neopower and it pwnz :p

diabloII said:

umm...the we're talking about an AGP machine here....AGP cards don't take up much power at all, 18A@12V is definitely fine...my friend is powering his 6800GT AGP with a crappy god knows how many years old it is 300W generic PSU

Maybe but I would not trust my AGP geforce 6800 Ultra to a PSU with 18A.

im buying it and i can afford it so i think i will go with that instead of the 520W one.or is it not that much better than the 520W one?

A good rule of thub to remeber is that a good powersupply should weigh more than a cheap one. Also, just because a power supply is rated at 600 watts, doesn't mean it will take up that much juice and run up your bill. The powersupply rating is only it's maximum output.

well then i think i am going to get the 600W powerstream one.cause i wil prob put some more hard drives and stuff in my computer a lil later

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom