Power Supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucwild

Beta member
OK, My computers been working fine for about 9months, when all of a sudden my computer shuts down and the power goes off. I tried to turn it back on but nada, no power. I smelled something burning for few minutes before the computer shut down. So i thought the ATX power supply was fried cuz i can smell the burnt smell from it. So I bought a new ATX power supply and i plug it in, but when i turn on the power i see a large spark in the new power supply and no power, I think it's fried. I just spent $23 on a new power supply and I didnt even get to use it. The voltage was on 115 and everything was plug in fine. I have no idea what the problem is. Can someone plz help

if you can exchange the power supply else you will have to buy a new one. it is definately taost. what did you expect with $23? a decent one would cost at least $50.

mucho thanks guys but i've looked and searched to see if any circuts were touching any metal and what not but couldn't find the problem.. so instead of risking another spark i just bought me a new motherboard and a power supply....and no sparks yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom