power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alasky

Beta member
I just recently ordered a power supply off the Internet but, when i put it in and
reformatted my PC with windows XP it lags and when i try to open aim/mirc etc.. and play music it acts like it struggles to try 2 do both at the same time!!!!! Or if i even try to watch a video and play a song If i open the internet and a song is playing it will either stop or just play the song really slow. I don't think it's the audio driver im just trying to explain that it slows my comp down to do 2 things at once

My comp specs

Windows XP home
512 RAM
2200 AMD processer
32 MB Nvidia video card

The power supply is generic it's a powork-450 cost about 14$
Could a cheap power supply make my computer stuggle to do easy tasks?

I play games Like Day of Defeat and Counter-Strike and it plays those pretty well....

i have Norton Anti-virus so I'm pretty sure i don't have a virus

I am guess that before you added the new power supply, you did not have these problems. I would suggest to try this new psu in a different computer and see if it causes any problems.

Have you ran spybot or ad aware recently? sounds like spyware to me because a 450 watt is plenty for the system you're currently using.

The power supply is generic it's a powork-450 cost about 14$
Theres the key to this whole thing right there...wattage doesn't matter if you don't have a good quality made PSU with strong Rails.....did you even check what your +3.3, +5, and +12v rails were on the OLD PSU compared the NEW one.....if your +12v rail is lower than your old one you've basically shot yourself in the foot.....also keep in mind the old saying.....

You get what you pay for...so yeah $14 man? You can't expect a whole lot out of it...but yes also checking for spyware is always a good idea regardless if your computer happens to be messing up at the time or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom