Power Supplie

Status
Not open for further replies.

StinkyPlant

Solid State Member
Hi, I have been having problems with my computer, or something in it. Sometimes while playing a game (i.e. far cry or raven shield) my monitor will go blank. Or the COmputer will just restart. I noticed using my hard ware monitor that game with my mobo that my voltages seem to be low. They Read like this

Vcore- 1.61V
+3.3v- 3.32V
+5v- 4.78V
+12v- 11.96V
DDR- 2.46V
AGP- 1.47V

They move around a little, but do not go any higher. I have a 500W Ultra power suppie and I just bought a antec true power 430W, to see if it would change, but all voltages stayed the same. Could this be the reason my computer crashes during games? I don't know what else to try, Doesn't seem to be a power supplie problem, but im not sure. The antec was the best they had at cc and I dont want to order one if that isn't the problem. My system is as followed:

Win xp
Soyo kt-400 dragaon ultra-mobo
Radeon 9800 128 (primary) 3 monitors total
Radeon 7500 64
AMD athlon xp 3000+
120 wd hard drive, 40 wd hard drive
1 gig pc2100 ddr

All drivers and patches are up to date. Also, have all updates from xp. Thanks in advance.

I have two, but the 7500 im running two monitors on, with one using the dvi. IRQ? I haven't thought of that. Would that cause any of the voltages being so low, or just the game malfunctions? I will see. Well, i moved the soudblaster card from being on the same irq as my 9800, but i did that a couple of days ago. It seems to be ok at times, but it just bugs me with the voltages.
thanks for the reply.

didnt see other post. The memory i use is kingston pc 2100 ddr. Im not positve of the speed. And yea the restarts are only during game play. Mostly....Every now and then the primary monitor will just go blank..like its in standby. I will the have to manually restart to get it back up. I dunno???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom