Power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

subdivizion

Banned
I bought a Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 series and i gave it a P4 Processor (3G), 1G DDR400 RAM, no Video card and when i turn on the power supply (Antec Truepower 430W), nothing works. ATX and ATX+10V connectors along with all the LEDs are connected and all the drives and the fans are connected to the PSu also. When i turn it back off, i hear the usual chirping sound like when you turn off the monitor. No fans are working, including the PSU fans. Any help?

Thanx in advance.

Ya got a meter to test the PSU with? Even if the CPU is bad the Fans should spin. Sounds like the PSU is Bad.

thanks guys.

well, i didn't have a meter to test it with so i'll either go get onee or go to my friend's place and do it.

i checked the outlets and they're all testing out fine. the selector is definitely at 115V, and the switch is on. all cables are connected properly on the mobo. i guess my last choice is to see if the PSU is working.

on top of this though, i would like to ask(sorry, if i'm tiring you guys!) there's a connector called init sw coming from the back of the case but i couldn't find a corresponding connector on the mobo. it's the first time i've seen this cable and it confused me. what does it do?

thanx again. it's my first build and i'm more software savvy than hardware so excuse my amateurity!!!

If the PSU fan doesn't turn , that means it is the PSU fault, take your PSU MOBO connector and join any Red and Black wires, and plug it in, if the fan still doesn't turn ,then bin it,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom