power problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxpyroxx

Solid State Member
alright... i just built my own computer and its been running excellent for about a week. the other day i brought it up to my cousins to play some WoW and it said i had a corrupted files. So i was formatting to put Windows XP on it to replace windows 2000 and it shut off. Now when i turn it one its on for about a second and shuts off. I think its the power supply (PH-500ATX), but im not sure. If you need more specs tell me.

thank you for your help, but... i dont want to make any purchases that i don't need. im not %100 sure that it is the power supply. thats why i posted for help.

What brand is the power supply? Let me guess, Rosewill. :D If it by any chance it really is Rosewill, get rid of it right now and get a new one!

xxpyroxx said:
thank you for your help, but... i dont want to make any purchases that i don't need. im not %100 sure that it is the power supply. thats why i posted for help.

Im not sure it is a PSU problem either. If it was just restarting then yes it would be, but u said it had corrupted files...

The corrupted files was before the actuall power problem... I was formatting when it powered off.

i was planning on it, but not this early. heh heh heh
Do you think it is the psu???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom