power/mobo problems???

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven1110

Baseband Member
Finally got all parts in for new computer. I put everything together to what I thought was the correct way. Went to turn everything wrong and the only things that would work are those that aren't connected to mobo(fans). I don't know if this means I have a ba mobo or I have it wired incorrectly. I'll go through the steps I took and explain what happened.

1.) Plugged in power cord into wall and psu.
2.) Turned on switch for the psu. At this point a few times the fans whirled for like 3 secs. and went out.
3.) Just flipped on/off switch on psu a few more times and the fans ran constantly(psu fan plus 3 case)
4.) Try case on/off switch but it had no effect at all. Same with reset of course.
5.) I went back and rechecked jumpers and wiring and everything seems to be in good shape.
6.) Retried 1-4 but got the same results.

Any ideas?? If you need anymore info that what is in my specs, just ask.

Don't quite understand what you're asking me to do. Are you wanting me to take out everything but the mobo, cpu, video card, and memory? If so I have tried diconnecting the components other than those and results were only the psu fan ran. Case on/off switch still had no affect. The cpu fan is plugged into the correct header also. As for beep codes there were none at all. The only thing that I got was the fans running and only those not plugged into the mobo.

As for trying different memory, the only thing I have is old stuff that's in this computer. it's a manufactored gateway. I'm pretty sure it's sdram but I think my mobo supports that so maybe I'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom