Power LED doesn't fit onto the pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedogg42

Baseband Member
Hey guys, i am having a problem with an old case..... the two wires for "Power LED" are attached at the end with a 3 pin connector piece if that makes any sense...therefor despite it being only 2 wires, it will not fit over the two pins that it needs two...lemme try to draw a graphic...

X
X
X <----wires twisted around one another
X
X
/ \
|ooo| <----connecter, with middle whole left without wire

_|_|_ <---two pins that it needs to fit onto

I hope that crappy graphic helps explain the problem....
Is there a way to take off that 3 wire connector thing and replace it with two? or just to take out one of the wires and move it to the middle so I can plug it into the mobo leaving a little piece of the plastic hanging off the side???

what kind of place would have the little connector piece that I need?? thanks

---uber n00b

its the LED from the front of my case, to show that the power is on......there are 2 pins but the connector is a 3 pin for no reason, only 2 wires go into it and i can see that the middle is blank, its like they ****ed up in the factory when they slapped that on or something.... all the other computers ive seen have 2 wires that end with a 2-holed plastic piece, that plug into 2 pins on the mobo...ooooooooh but not mine, its special....ed

First make sure you have the right cord, then if it is right double check the mobo documentation to make sure you are right there. After that...well hmm...my light doesnt work but I really dont care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom