power connectors ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

tufreeh

Baseband Member
allrite so i got me casing but i find out that it has only 4 power connectors whereas i need a total of 9 .. !!

1 agp card
1 dvd-rom
2 HD drives
3 80 mm system cooling fans (1 with built in l.e.d.)
1 60 mm " " fan
1 UV cathode lighting kit

how do i go around installing all of this ?? ne ideas ?

how many watt powersupply do you have. and are these all taking the same type of connectors or different types. If they are all the standard molex connectors that plug into the IDE devices, you can get adapters the split them. And for the 9th one you can get one that will split off of a fdd power connector if there is one extra. Make sure you have enough wattage to support all of these devices.

You have to "jump" from one to another on the fans. There should be a male and female available on each fan. Just plug them all together.

And I suggest if your p/s only has 4 conectors you get a new one. The quality obvisuly isn't very high. All that stuff you need a good PS.

well itz a 400 watt ps and has two floppy drive connectors that are free (since am not gonna be putting in a floppy drive in this day and age) .. i think that male / female jumping thingy oughta do the trick .. will try that ..

thanx ..

no prob. Again, if you get a few extra bucks, drop it on a name brand power supply. Those ps's that come with the case may look nice because they have that large 400w on them, but they don't last very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom