POST errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

njean

Beta member
Hi all,

first of all, I'm sorry if I make some typos, as I am Italian :)

Here's my system:

PSU 400W No-Brand
MoBo: ABIT AN7 uGuru
CPU: AMD XP Barton 2500@3200
RAM: 2x256mb DDR400 + 1x512mb DDR400

GFX: Gecube Radeon 9800PRO 128mb

CoolerMaster Aero7 Lite CPU Fan
CoolerMaster Passive NB Dissi

Benq DVD-ROM
HP CD-RW

HDD1 80GB
HDD2 20GB

Ethernet card

2x UV Neons

Case: ThermalTake Viking

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

now the problem:

Last weekI bought a new case (TT Viking) and so I transferred all the HW into the new one. In doing this, I also replaced the noisy default NB fan, with a passive dissipator.

After having all plugged , I try and boot it up. My MoBo has a display in which I can read the Power On Self Test P.O.S.T. codes.

At the begin, the system was stuck at the bios logo screen, with POST error 6d.

So I reset the CMOS, boot up and new error: 0A gosh!

I changed some molex connectings, and all the booting goes fine. There was the precharging winxp screen (the white bar on a dark background) and then... black screen, with a "_" flashing in the upper left corner.

I unplugged the secondary HDD, and on booting I had the memory test failed. So I decided to test each ram module by itself. With one 256mb module, the system was booting, and everything was fine.

I tried adding the 512mb module too and.... whoa, it says that the additional power cable of my radeon9800pro isn't plugged :|

So I changed some power connections, booted it with 1 ram module and... fasten your seat belts: POST error 75!

Reset CMOS: post error 0A.

I don't know anymore what to do! Is my MoBo gone? or my PSU??

Can anyone help me please???

Hmmm.... Sounds like either your RAM or your PSU. But since you replaced the NB fan with a pssive dissapator, maybe it didnt dissapait enough and burned your MoBo. Try another CPU, some different ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom