Possible Video Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is

22.5 times 145 = 3262.5
You need to download the program CPU-Z and get a screen shot and confirm this as I really don't believe that that can be true...you know that your BIOS will default it to 15 if the multiplier is locked regardless if it looks like it's there? I have the 2400+ XP chip and I know it can't reach no 3.2GHz especially without something like Phase Change cooling...

Nubius I'm not trying to argue stuff,
I know you aren't :D I was referring to the guy who said the stock 2400+ XP is 1.8 GHz
BTW: It's not that I assumed you didn't know anything about computers (referring to RAM speeds and the double data rate) you just gotta cover all basics when helping someone ;)

If your FSB really is at 145 though, I can see you getting it to 15x145 because i did that with my 2400+ XP chip also, but you gotta realize when you Raise that FSB your RAM gets taxed too so instead of running at 266 like it's rated you got it running 290 so yes that 290 is referring to your RAM speed....also not only does the RAM go up, but so does your AGP and PCI bus so if you don't have the option to lock your AGP and PCI bus then you really don't need to be raising the FSB....locking the AGP locks the PCI automatically as they are set at a 2:1 ratio for AGP = 66MHz and PCI = 33MHz, with your processor it's CPU:AGP:pCI which the current ratio is 4:2:1 so divide that 145 by 2 and you got 72.5 for the AGP and 36.25 for the PCI which is WAY too fast for these...they really NEVER should be changed, they need to remain at 66 and 33 so that your graphics card and/or PCI Devices don't get Fried...so if you don't have an AGP:pCI bus lock you shouldn't OC with your FSB...

Like I said, download CPU-Z and get a screenshot of the Main tab that'll show your Multiplier, FSB, and total clock speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom