possible to recover from corrupt video card BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesley

Beta member
I have a GeForce fx5200, 64 mb, PCI. Recently, using the software provided by my driver CD, I tried to update the BIOS. It automatically found the "best" firmware on the internet and installed it, told me to reboot. Next thing I know the card doesn't work. Is there anyway I can reset the card to the original bios version? No chance on me returning it because three months have already passed.

Maybe there is a rescue program I can use? The thing is, if I leave the card in the computer and plug my monitor into the onboard video, the screen stays still stays black. Any ideas?

Thanks for the link. Followed the guide but when I boot up the disk and run nvflash I get an error saying "Exiting due to SIGILL." This is after I fixed the error about no DPMI. I will continue to search google for the answer.

Yep, the bios on the card.

Note: tried three diff boot disk, 2 98's, 1 ME. Tried 2 different versions of nvflash. I still get the same SIGILL error.

Update: I can't get the nvflash program to detect my card. I really hope this program is compatible with PCI cards, because someone was telling me it might only work for the AGP cards. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom