A possible power supply poblem

Status
Not open for further replies.

everton

Baseband Member
Alright, I got a high-preformance gamming computer and the first time that i left a game running for about four hours it turned off. It seams to occure faster now after the first time it turned off(about 40 min of playing). I then called the manufacturer (ibuypower) and told them the problem. They said that it might be a mobo or cpu problem and sent me replacement parts. I installed them and the problem still occures. I then thought that mabey my power supply was defective or mabey not powerfull enough. I called them and they said they would replace that too because the poblem still exsited. I havent gotten the power supply yet but im just woundering what you guys think sicne the tech support from ibuypower just seams awstruck because they have never heard of this prblem before and are just atempting to replace the parts one by one untill the problem is solved. I highly doubt that this poblem is a proccesor heat related incident because i have cheak the temp in the bios ant it usually is around 55 C. My specs are as follows:
-A8N SLI Deluxe
-Fx-55
- 1 gb geil
-Audigy 2 ZS
-Ernemax 535 W SLI ready
-X2 EVGA 6800GT Ultra 256mb ( I took one out because it runs for a longer time with only one in)

Thanks for your help!

Jesus first of all nice setup. Two 6800 ultras must be nice. What im thinking is ure having an overheating problem. Whats the temps at which ure running at?

that asus board is KNOWN to have problems

ask ibuypower to replace it with another board (the downside to this is that you'll have to reinstall everything on your hard drive)

oh, and that's impossible that the ibuypower staff has never heard of something like that

few weeks ago my friend ordered something from ibuypower as well and the same thing happened, but i don't know what the problem was, nor does he (good thing we live like 10-20 minutes away from ibuypower)

Why would he have to reinstall everything if he's just replacing the mobo with the exact same one. Doesn't the hardrive already have all the correct drivers loaded on it?

i told him to get a different mobo

but the same mobo WOULD do, although i don't know if you'll get the problems again

Yeah you can just swap out the mobo's

Peronally im betting it's the Asus mobo for being a BUGGY POS

Sorry, i forgot to mention that i already got a replacement for the mobo and cpu and installed it, and it still had the same problems. the CPU temp according to my asus probe program is just under 60 C (which is relatively cool for this proccesor). I got a new replacement power supply i will install and see iff the problem persists

If i still have the problem i will try and get a different sli mobo according to diabloII or possibly another replacement for the same one idk.

60 C sounds awfully high to me. I'm not too familiar with AMD's and especially the high end fx chips, but damn 60C! My friend's P4 3.0E prescott processor run at 33C and those cores are known to run hotter than most.

the replace mobo was an asus as well

i was suggesting you use a non-asus mobo (way more reliable)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom