Is it possible to flash a printer???

Zekester2097

In Runtime
---NOTE--- I am not sure if this is the right forum for this... sorry if it is the wrong one..

I have this Epson NX415 (NX410 series) printer, but the firmware is really just garbage, for example , when one of the ink cartridges go empty, it doesn't let the user do anything, until the cartridge is replaced. Also a B/W option would be really handy (the copy section has a B/W mode, but when I print from my PC, it tries to print in full color...) Would it be possible to flash the firmware on a printer???

- - - - -
for anyone wondering why I just thought about this, its because, i needed to print something out, but the Magenta, and Cyan cartridges ran out, resulting in an error screen telling me to replace the cartridges...

Last edited:
Epson has firmware and software updates you can grab. I have a work force 845 and they still have firmware and software updates for it.

Look in the functions on the built in display. I seem to recall there is a B/W only command.

1. All printers work that way. Because you are out of ink on 1 cartridge and it is trying to use that cartridge to print, it will not let you print.
No way around that

2. Those printers do not have a B/W mode.

3. If you really need to print properly buy a new printer.

1. All printers work that way. Because you are out of ink on 1 cartridge and it is trying to use that cartridge to print, it will not let you print.
No way around that

The epson adjustment program allows you to re-set the ink levels on the ink tanks. You can get the software free but you need to buy a key to re-set the tanks. Re-setting your ink tank level allows you to get that last amount out but running your printer dry is not good for it

Why is this in the linux forum?

Last edited:
What I'm trying to do is : 1, get around the "replace ink cartridge" error I see when I turn it on now, and 2, put it into all B/W mode
Check the Printer settings to see if you can print it in only B&W or Greyscale. You may not be able to get around the Low Ink message for color still, though.

Why is this in the linux forum?

Idk what you're talking about. ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom