Poor video quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah well actually i meant that with some players i can't jump around in the (.asf?) video, i have to watch it from the very beginning. with some players i can.

i dont remember encountering that problem, becuae iv been using Zoom and MPC for so long now.

but i do know that i avoid .asf files at all cost, because
1.) thy are the worst of the worst quality
2.) thy can automatically open (example - your web brouser when a .asf file is played and whoever made the file can dirrect your browser to open strait up to anyweb page thy put into the file) (if thy can do that then thy can prolly do much more, and franky i would just stear clear of them)
--------------------------------------------------
Well maybe it's my divx?
no, DVD video playback doesnt use codecs, it usess a Derect Show Decoder or Filter or whatever. as mentioned b4.

jolancer said:
i dont remember encountering that problem, becuae iv been using Zoom and MPC for so long now.

I too use Media Player Classic, but it has this same problem with certain .asf files. Funny though, the old MP 6.4 will let me jump around in those files. It just takes moment while "buffering". I never tried Zoom Player, though. Gotta give it a shot.

I also got some broken avi files, which i've been able to open with only avi-preview program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom