Poor video quality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaazmar

Baseband Member
Ok, I've tried updating my drivers to the latest Nvidia drivers, and also tried their beta drivers, but video files, and especially DVDs, still look a BIT grainy, not as good as they should. what else can I try?

I have a BFG 128Mb GeForce 6800 OC. Everything else runs great. Games and everything are smooth as hell.

Any tips?

Thanks, J

bad DVD quality?

a video card doesn't increase DVD quality, nor does it increase game quality

it's just something to drive the game

right, but if there is some issue with the drivers...for example, when i initially installed everything and loaded up the latest nvida drivers, full-screen dvd came through all messed up, so i got the BETA drivers. problem solved. but still an overall fuzziness to video/dvd quality, and i have used various dvds that are of good quality. i'm just wondering if it could be some driver issue or something. i know the card isn't the problem in and of itself. thanks, J

Your colour quality might have been changed when upgrading to the drivers. Make sure it is in 32 bit. If that isn't it just use the older drivers. It could be a driver conflict and the card. Read the release notes if such driver conflicts exist.

have u tried messin around with video codecs? i got similar problems which i managed to solve by changing/updating/uninstalling/installing etc. certain codecs. helluva work there btw. there's prolly about 2 billion of em. I still can't watch all my different vid files properly with just one player.

I still can't watch all my different vid files properly with just one player.
yes you can... google 'Video Lan' AKA 'vlc'

for other players u can google 'ffdshow'

Personally i like 'Zoomplayer' and 'Media player classic'

note) if you do use codecs, theres only a few that are ever needed...
-Xvid
-Divx
-3ivx
-Ac3
-Ogg derect show
-MKV splitter
-Vsfilter

note) if you system is filled with a shitload of useless codecs, dont expect them to work properly without conflicts, that goes the same for all those useless codec packs to.
--------------------------------

Laazmar - if your on a LCD monitor, you need to run the video on the LCD's native resolution, or it will look fuzzyer. same goes for 32bit vs 16bit on LCDs only.

it could also very well be the program your using to run the video, each DVD player usess a different filter (instead of 1 univeral filter, such as a codec) so example - PowerDVD may work better for som then WinDVD or viseversa (usually noone has probs with those 2 but there the only DVD softwere i know off the top of my head)

also note) a older UXGA LCD wont look as clear as CRT/TV/SXGA/XGA (or so iv noticed on my old LCD screen)

EDIT: not as clear on old UXGA, because the Video has to be stretched to fill a 1600x native resolution... and the more the video is streatched the fuzzyer it will look

Try the new nVidia DVD Decoder. There is a free trial for it. I could tell a big difference with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom