plug game into pc...??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I plan to buy a tv tunner card... and I was wondering if you can connect a ps2, xb, or gc in to it...

and while I am on the subject, how can a console(not next gen) with only around 700Mhz, be able to power such high graphics, and a pc(mine for example) with around 2-3 times the hardware power can only compair and often be surpassed, (my obvious reason is because of the OS that is constantly running...) any other explainations...?

back to the tv tunner card..., any suggestions on which one to buy, I only want to spend around $35, maybe more if its worth it... and what should I expect... I have never used one before, and I have been wanting one for a while, and as far as I have been told, it will play nicely with my 6600gt...

thanks in advance...

small print Q: Consoles only have to make a 640 X 480 image (excluding hi-def games on the xbox.)

The games are designed to take full advnatage of the hardware avaliable.

And that there is nothing running in the background.

If you look at a xbox game for example halo 2, there are jaggies all over the place and iffy textures. I find that after playing a console for a while you get used to it, and smooth out the jaggies, as I have been playing Zelda ocarina of time again, and at first the textures were terrible, but they don't seem as bad any more (then I go to play a PC game, like jumping into the future!)

You will most likely need to get an adapter to connect it.

no problems? now slowdown or anything?

by the way... does this look good?
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=SBT-TVFM&cat=863
or
http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=TTOM878A&cat=863

the problem with the better card is that it has a crappy controller, (do they make universal controllers for tv tunners?)

tvtunner.jpg

and whats that connection on the far left of the yellow card

hmmm... I play halo on my pc(1024X768 32-bit + everything else at max), never played it on xbox though... I wonder how different it would look??(I don't own a console)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom