Please People Help' Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamer

Beta member
Hi,
PLEASE HELP ME, I'm totally desesparate!!! I've recently bought an ASUS A7S333 motherboard. The motherboard works absolutely fine. I have a Athlon XP 2100+ CPU and everything works fine... in DOS.

But when I try to install windows, nothing works! Windows XP: I'm intsalling a fresh copy of the OS with the 6 setup disks... First, there's a bunch of errors, when I get throught them, at the last disk, there's a blue screen appearing with a fatal error message and everything stops before the actual installation of winXP begins. Windows 98: The installation stops at the preparation: FREESES!

Now, I'm a computer tech, I've never had so much trouble with a computer, I really don't know what I can do!!! I've tried 3 different video cards: voodoo 5, ATi RADEON 9600PRO, GeForce 256. Then I though something was wrong with my other stuff... I installed everything on my old motherboard and EVRYTHING works great! Here're my other specs: 256 DDR 2100Mhz, Seagate HDD 20Gb, HP DVD+RW 400i, ASUS 52X CD-ROm drive. That's all. I've updated the MB to the latest BIOS version.

I did everything I thought of! PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP! PLEASE! I'm totally desesperate, I think I'm gonna trow my computer trought the window if it continues lile this! :p THANKS A LOT!

Well if it works on your old computer it could possably be the motherboard is shot. I dont think this has any relationship to windows errors though. Try a new hd or take one u have and put it in that computer. Now if it works its either the os or the hard drive. Now if its one of those get a new os see if that works if not the hd probably has bad sectors and u should get a new one.

It is possible the RAM is faulty. I had faulty RAM in a system I bought recently and it gave me all kinds of troubles. After a couple of weeks of swearing and storming around (apologies to my neighbours) I called the store I picked it up from. I took it back and the guy replaced the RAM. I have now had just under 5 months trouble free computing. Not a single error msg! I am now very picky when it comes to buying RAM for a system.

it could be the Hard drive, mobo, or RAM
do you have a warranty on any of the parts?
what brand RAM are you using?
had you seated the RAM, HDD, mobo in properly?

Try running MEMTest 2.1 .On your Hard Drive go to the manufacture
web site and download a Trouble Shooting Utility that can zero out the HD and run tests on it.

I've tried also a couple of RAM bars... Same shit every time... There's nothing I haven't tried, trust me. I really don't know what to do... Even guys working with me (also techs...) don't know what to do... I'm damn f*cked up I guess... I wrote a message to the guy who sold the mobo to me... He removed the board from his PC before selling it to me... He had pretty much the same config... Only the video card was different, an ATi also though... DAMMIT :mad:

Anyways, thanks to all for trying to help!;)

Yay! Believe it or not, I tried 6 diffrent DDR bars and finally got one working! The problem was simply the RAM! Nothing else... I changed it (found one working..) and now everything's working just great (I'm writing with that computer right now...) Anyways, thanks again to those who tried to help! :bald:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom