please helppppppppp

Status
Not open for further replies.

gotmilk954

Beta member
ok. i turn on my pc. its does everything its supposed to then it goes to a black screen. its taked about 5-10 minutes to load then its goes to the windows xp screen where you chose who u want to be logged in. any name you pick it takes 20 minutes for eveything to load, and then after that, everything is fine. my pc runs as fast as it can be.? plz somebody tell me wats wrong

Could be a whole bunch of things....but, I just had the same problem with a back up computer. One of the attached CDRW's failed. You probably have a malfunctioning component and it's either a floppy or cdr I would suspect. Unplug the power from your floppy and cdrom's, dvd rom and then power you puter back up. If it boots up quickly...there ya go....one of those components needs to become a frisby! If not that?????????? window reinstall maybe, as stated above. EDIT: the psu remains a good possibility as well.

i don't know about the psu because that would probably mean fairly consistent low performance although it can take more power to boot. but you could be right about a failing drive, a break down in communication between the drive and other components could cause it to take a while to register information and thus a long time to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom