Please help with these drivers !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Baseband Member
Hello folks.

I wonder if anyone can tell me exactly what the following drivers are for and should I install them, as I was getting the BSOD and various crashes due to driver errors so I reinstalled my OS and only want to install the drivers I need.

18g4cn

The only driver I have installed so far is (4) the onboard Audio.

I am awaiting the arrival of a new graphics card so do I still need to install the (6) the driver for the onboard graphics.

I am online via broadband so do need (5) the driver for 56k modem.

(3) is straight forward.

My new graphics card is a 8 x AGP so do I need to install (1) is this what this driver is for ?

And what about (2) I am already online and not in a network so what does this driver do ?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Copper

You don't need your graphics drivers if your getting a new one, and you don't need the modem drivers since your on high speed. Go ahead and install your lan driver and you should be fine.

Hello folks.

I don't want to install any unnecessary drivers at all, so i was just waiting for the new graphics card to arrive in the next day or two, as i have heard that graphics drivers can still leave cobwebs even after the have been uninstalled, and i don't want any conflicts.

Anyone know what exactly what drivers (1) and (2) are for ?

Cheers
Copper.

(1) is for the agp slot on your motherboard. install that driver if your new vid card is agp. (2) is for the ethernet port, if you use broadband, install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom