Please help quickly-absolutely stupid mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

indolence

Solid State Member
I will spare you the details of how stupid I was today, but I got a small spot of ink on my mobo. i took a cloth and wiped about 90% of it off, but there was still a small spot. link to picture:
http://img76.exs.cx/img76/3349/inkspill.jpg

anyway, my questions are:
1. is dried ink dangerous to my mobo?
2. what can i use to clean it off?

(btw, if you really need to know, i used a pen to dislodge a screw that fell, then somehow the metal tip of the pen fell out -_______-, please do not flame me for this, i know it was stupid.)

Thanks

It's okay. Wierder things have happened. The spot of ink is so small that you might be okay. But, if your really serious about it, I'd let the ink dry and try to rub or flake it off with a q-tip or something.

ive had the computer running for about 20 minutes, and it hasnt like, melted down onto the transistors(or whatever those things are) and my computer hasnt arced a lightning bolt in my face, so i think im okay, thanks for your reassurance(i just got this computer like 2 weeks ago, i dont know what i would do if it blew up at this point -.-)

omgs no post edit? :(
EDIT: id like some more opinions on the situation so i know its okay!:O

Should be, I dont see why...in liquid form, it could be. It would be like water,...but dried, I dont think so. I highly doubt that it would get hot enough to burn it. You are ok.

just a guess... but dont thy, or maybe thy put a very thin protective coating over the bourd to protect it from the environment and variouse other stuff?

indolence said:
omgs no post edit? :(
EDIT: id like some more opinions on the situation so i know its okay!:O

edit function is to the left of your post, under your username and post count and all that stuff next to the quote button. :)

good luck with your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom