Please Help Out This Graphics Card Newbie ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tek

Solid State Member
sup,

alright, i'm gonna ask some family to pitch in for my new graphics card that i really need and i need someone to please elaborate on the radeon 9600 series for me.

i wanna go easy on them so i want to keep it under $300, and it needs to be something they can go to fry's and buy for me.

just please post me the excact name of the radeon card that'll give me the most bang for my buck so it'll be easy for them to find it since they don't know 'ish about computers. thanks again!

peace.

Sytech said:
9600 yep!

um, isn't there like the 9600XT or 9600SE or something. which one should i get plus what are the prices of all these?

any help would be greatly appricated. :)

9600 SE = lowered core/memory frequency from the Pro version

9600 XT = increased core/memory frequency from the Pro version

The 9600 XT itself is in that price range, so yeah.

However, I have seen Radeon 9700 Pro cards retail for under $300 now.

If the 9700 Pro can't be found in your price range, then go with the ATI Radeon 9600 Pro. A utility called Powerstrip allows this card to be overclocked (a lot) without encountering any problems.

awsome, how much can i expect to pay when getting a radeon pro from fry's?

Tek said:
awsome, how much can i expect to pay when getting a radeon pro from fry's?

the 9600 pro normally run around $170 i think at comp usa or best buy. if i were you, go with the 9600 xt. if ur price range is under $300, then this is it. its $200 at the stores, and if you buy it online, you can prolly get it for $180?

Asus Radeon 9600XT

Best card I ever bought. Has 128MB DDR, and comes with VIVO.

Very fast, nice card for the money and a cool looking heatsink/fan combo.

to tell you the truth i recently bought a radeon 9800 pro or whatever for fairly cheap brand new in retail box and everything for a nice price of 120 dollars

andro said:
to tell you the truth i recently bought a radeon 9800 pro or whatever for fairly cheap brand new in retail box and everything for a nice price of 120 dollars

whoa.... the 9800 pro for $120?!?!!?? where the heck did you get that????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom