Please help me, never seen this before!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kengh

Beta member
I have never seen anything like this before so I have no idea what this could be. When I boot up my computer it gets to the Windows XP loading screen and then as soon as it finishes that my monitor turns off (says it isn't getting any signal). Despite all this I still hear my computer boot up normally. I hear the sounds from all my programs such as my firewall, noises that my computer usually makes when it reaches windows. I hooked up 2 other monitors and it did the same thing. I don't think this could be my harddrive because of the fact that the computer still sounds like it it going into windows normally. It isn't the monitor because I troubleshooted with other monitors that all work perfectly fine. I guess it could be my video card but that doesn't make any sense, why would it shut off right after the windows xp loading screen? Anyways I am trying to get this fixed today, as it has already been down for close to a week. I appreciate all of your help.

Boot in safe-mode (press F8 before Windows starts loading). In safe mode, go to display settings and choose a low resolution. Then reboot.
If that doesn't help, un-install the graphics card drivers in safe-mode.

When I go to safemode screen my keyboard freezes and I can't select to boot in safe mode. What gives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom