Please help me, big problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chesman

In Runtime
Ok i will start from the beggining:
a capacitar blew on my pIII 600 board in june, and didnt have enough money to get a new one till a few weeks ago, so i poped onto ebay to see if i could get a few deals. i came across one and it was awesome:
Abit th7II-raid board
p4 2.5 ghz chip
and 512 samsung rdram
WEll i won the auction and sent the money, and i got it all together properly, and whjeniput the power supplyin it the other day, well it wouldonly boot for a second and then turn off.

I tried a lot to figure it out though, here is what i tried:

I changed the power supply for a know good one
changed the rimm's around so that theu are in the other bank
readjusted the heatsink and replaced the cpu
unplugged everything and ran the bare bones of it (just the board, with ram and cpu)

I could not get a hold of two more sticks of ram to test though, so it may be that, but i dont know.

the board has a built in display that shows boot up codes, and it only gets as far as C1, the second code. It does not get into testing the ram really there, so that is why i dont think it is the ram.

I also accidently powered up the computer without the 12v op4 plug in and well this time it stayed on, but just beeped to tell me it weas not in ,and when i put it in and booted again, well same thing, gets to C1 and dies.

any ideas? please help me. i need this to be up and running soon!!

thanks

OK, how did i fix it, well i got it to boot, not toally fixed.
But basiclly, it was a ful sized atx board, so it was to big in my case, and the cd-bur er was over the board a bit, so i guess it was tocuhing somehow, and well it was grounding out on that, it worked after i took out the burner.

well thats what i think, lol.

may of been fairies or something, hehe.

if anyone has this problem, just send them my way, i may be able to help them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom