Please Help Me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHelpful

Baseband Member
I just got my XFX 6600 GT,saved up for over a month to buy it,get it....and it wont work! I installed it and wehn i play my games i get extremely low FPS and bad artifacts. Ive tried several differant drivers but nothing works. Of heard of upgrading my BIOS to fix the problem but i dont have a floppy drive! Plz help me I am only 15 years old and dont know much about computers and this is just so frustrating to me.
Thank you for any help!:mad:

Why does it have to be XFX? :(

RMA is the best thing to do.

You could always check the temperatures.

woohoo id rma it and wouldnt buy xfx lol but RMA (Return it to the buyer for a new one)

Firefox all tha way woohoo!!!!

I just found out i have a "no name" power supply. So Im buying a 450w Altec to see if that works

The no name PSU could have quite possibly been the problem. How many watts was it?

if you were using ATI before you but the 6600GT in, you HAVE to reformat, that's what happened to me...

No, you don't have to reformat, but you do have to remove any and all traces of ATI drivers.

Uninstall them, them search your hard drive for any stray bits and pieces, them scour you registry for anything.

ATI and nVidia just don't get along at all.

I was using a 5200 fx before and the power supply was 480w. I used driver cleaner before installation.

New idea: Download and install the latest chipset drivers for your mobo. Not BIOS, but the actual drivers for the chipset on your mobo. be sure that it includes the PCI-e/AGP drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom