Please Help! I'm Trying To Install Win 2k
hi y'all. i've never ever posted on a computer help forum, so help a n00b out.
WHAT I'M TRYING TO DO
install windows 2000 from a freshly formatted system. that's it. i just wanna get my OS up and running!!
the cd-rom. see, upon booting i get the message 'searching for boot record' and it just hangs there. not sure what to do here. i have win 2k on this cd, and i can't install...HELP!
SOME HELPFUL NOTES
- BIOS finds both of my hard drives AND my cd-rom drive
- in BIOS, i've tried various boot orders (floopy -> IDE 0 -> cd-rom), nothing seems to work
- if i boot to floppy, and choose to boot WITH cd-rom support, it hangs
- there is currently nothing on my c:drive
- i've tried researching this. i'm not just blindly asking. i have nowhere else to turn.