Please Help Format disk prob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zardoz

Solid State Member
Hi...a friend just called upset because she cant access her MS word files she saved on a disk(floppy). Its says the disk needs to be formatted but shes been using it all day without problems. All comps have been winXP thats shes used. I told her not to reformat disk because that will erase data..right? Any help would be very appreciated!!

does it say that when opening the file frm MS Word or My Computer. If its my computer, ask her to goto MS Word and open it frm there n vice versa.

From File/Open in MsWord:
"the disk media is not recognized. It may not be formatted. A drive is not accessible."
From My Computer it says it needs to be formatted. This is on a laptop with an external floppy drive. I dont know why they still use it...trying to break people of old habits...

Its just that it was just used today on that computer and now it says this. Im just going to get the disk from her tommorow and try accessing it on my comp. Maybe I can access it. Shes pretty comp illiterate and its hard to talk on the phone ....lol

Thanks for the help and anymore advise is appreciated.

Zardoz use Easy Recovery or other data recovery programs to retreive the lost data. Your problem is probably related to a bad floppy or bad floppy disk drive. I would suspect the drive first. Ask her on which computer the floppy last worked on, that's most likely where the error occurred at.

thats why i hate floppy disks, i avoid them at all costs!, i use a 64 mb usb disk and it cost me 37 aussie dollars!, i verry good investment!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom