please can someone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

Have you tried using a different slot? there might be an IRQ clash with that pci slot, so maybe use another one to help steer clear of this, or maybe just the pci slot's bumming out on ya.

Now, another thing to check is your BIOS. make sure it has PNP enabled. I dunno why, but before my old compaq had it off.

Hmm, also, this could be a bummed card man, test it in another computer. If it fails there too it's probably bummed and you should rma it for another one at wherever you bought it.

okay...

Yes the External HD does have its own power. I've tried all of my PCI slots too.

HMM, enable PNP? Could you send me a link on how to access that specific command through BIOS? (still learning):eek: Thank you very much for all the help

pnp=plug 'n' play, just in case you didnt know.

cant really help there unless you say who makes you bios, and what version it is, although you have an hp, so it will be funny bios, like my dell. if you state your version, maybe someone with an hp, or some other knowledgeable soul will be able to help you...
sorry.

Worst case scenario, barring component failure, is to do a fresh install of XP. I would almost bet that you are having "hidden" driver conflict issues here. Did you clean out the registry and try to see if the old PCI card is still hanging around in the boot.ini file? shot in the dark!!!

no, i dont think he had time to even uninstall the drivers, as the card blew, so he had no viewable monitor untill he bought a new gfx card, but he cannot get the new card to work as the ald drivers are still on the machine. he cant get rid of them.

i would bet that he is having non-hidden and blatently obvious driver conflict issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom