playing mp3's straight from USB thumb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordant

Solid State Member
hi. im not the richest person ever, and i have a USB thumb drive and wanted to know if there was any way i could listen to my songs from the drive like an MP3 player with headphones. thanks to anyone that helps me.
Jordan

um, i think thats the point of mp3 players, to be able to actually play the music u store in it. am i wrong?

john3 said:
um, i think thats the point of mp3 players, to be able to actually play the music u store in it. am i wrong?

what i meant was is there something i could buy that could plug into my thumb drive that plays mp3s straight from the thumb drive instead of having to buy an mp3 player.

I'm gonna say no. The thumb drive gets it's power from the usb port that you plug it into, so if it's not plugged in, it won't have power to run.

Look on ebay at some Sandisk mp3 players. The kind that I have, which is 512megabytes with NO expandable memory is probably 35 bucks + shipping now. They had the 512megabyte versions with expandable memory (via SD cards) that cost 60 bucks I believe (not including the SD card, sold separately).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom