Picture settings with HDMI - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2009, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Picture settings with HDMI

So I just purchased this new monitor (the Samsung T220HD) and am generally happy with it but am having one very annoying problem. When I'm displaying a picture from an HDMI source, it restricts some of the picture settings I can adjust; namely the sharpness and color saturation levels. Curiously, they can still be altered by changing the preset picture settings but it prevents me from adjusting them manually (on the menu, the adjustment bars just appear greyed out). I am able to do so when using component video or VGA but not with HDMI. Is there some logical reason for this? It can't imagine one and I'd really like to set the color saturation higher than 50% when using my Xbox. Has anyone else experienced something similar with their display?

Old 01-18-2009, 03:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Default Re: Picture settings with HDMI

I don't see any reason why that would happen. I would contact Samsung and ask them about it.

Closed Thread

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On