Pic of ATI Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnowNothing said:
I have a question Trotter, I am going to get a DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 ULTRA-D nForce4 Mobo for a system Im going to build...It supports SLI, however the video card... A Leadtek PX6800GT TDH Geforce 6800GT has a huge fan and heatsink, and I am told that two of those wont fit on that Mobo...I was referred to an Asus Mobo that fit two of those, but I wanted to ask is SLI worth switching Mobo's? Or should I keep the setup I already have? I just want to know this in case if it is worth it, then I can start off with it, instead of buying the Asus later down the road and then another of those 6800's...

Thanks
Sli is really not wirth it. It only provides a boost f mabey 5fps, and in some benchmarks it's actually slower than a single card. I even read that the next gen 7800s are not even going to support SLi. SLi was a failure for 3D Labs, and it was a failure for nVidia. You're just fine the way you are.

Nvidia used it as a gimmic to gain mega attention and more popularity, not to mention rob people of $$$. It does not increase performance, but I actually find it to be slower.

Umm..let's see, that sig is old, it was before I found out how P.O.S. SLI is. I changed it anyways, thanks for reminding me, been meaning to do that.

Ok thanks guys. I have another question, I am building my system in about 3-4 months, how much do you guys think the X900 will cost when it comes out? And also, is it worth the money upgrading from the Leadtek 6800 to the X900?

Well, the 6800 is gonna last you performance-wise for quite a while...

It kinda depends on how the X900 turns out. At first it is going to be expensive because its going to be sold out everywhere. And, also, we cant be certain how its gonna perform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom