PhysX cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, wouldn't this require software suppport? So only a few games at first, but it could catch on. Sigh... Another upgrade we all might have to spend money on some day...

They'll probably be like 200 bucks at most, and won't be out for a year or so most likely. The only problem with them is game designers have to program the games to use them and many are against that extra bit of work...

i don't think the devs have to program their software to use the PhisX card. i think that the software will just use the card, eg. when I play HL2 the physics calculations get offloaded onto the card through the drivers.

at the end of this year they should be coming out. They are only gonna cost about 300 bux, its gonna work with either pci or xpress, and it will work with all games but you will noticed a difference with future game releases.

woot6600GT said:
Hmmm, wouldn't this require software suppport? So only a few games at first, but it could catch on. Sigh... Another upgrade we all might have to spend money on some day...
The Unreal Engine 3 is going to support it, and a lot of companies have already bought licences for UE3. It will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom