PF Usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

d0nk1ek0ng

Baseband Member
ok so i have been playing warrock for quite a while now and the Pf Usage keep on going up to 1.50GB of usage and its lagging me in the game. before it was at like i dont know but im guessin 20-30GB and i didnt lag at all. now its massive lag. i dont know how this started and people keep saying to close all applications, xfire,msn,blah blah but the thing is i dont use any of those and the only application running when i play the game is only the game. so i came here to ask how can i fix this Pf usage thing. please dont say buy more RAM because i wont bother to buy it. and here a picture of me in the game witht he Pf usage on the side. and some people said to use the "virtual memory" , but i dont get how to use that. i have 1.43 GB of RAM and i dont know what to put for the inital memory and maximum memory. they said that would fix my problem but i didnt know how to use so.

untitled_10.jpg

Start > right click My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Settings under Performance section > Advanced tab > under Virtual Memory click Change > set it to a custom size and pick 4096 for a minimum and maximum both.

Best thing to do is still buy more RAM. Do you have up to date drivers for everything? Are your components running hotter? Could also try blowing out the dust.

how come i need more RAM, i played warrock with 1.43GB before and never had problems. but thanks ill try to put 4096 for both.

i think its taking up all my space because of thier update. before i remember when i played it only took 600-700mb of my ram now its higher because of thier new update i think. im not sure.and im telling u guys, i have nothing else running except warrock and avg and the systems other things which i dont know. ill add a picture of my things that are running when i play warrock.

ok here:
untitled_28.jpg

It is taking nearly 600MB to run that game... It don't look all that intensive... But yea... If the game needs that much, which it calls for then I would probably upgrade to 2gb of system ram...

Then.... All we can really tell you is what others have said, close all programs out that you don't need open while you play that game... That is about all that we can tell you to do....

try to roll back that update or go back to an earlier version of the game and see what happens. You could also talk with the support people for the game and see if there are any updates or changes you need for your system. Also with a new game version you may need to update drivers for your video card and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom