personal pc comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
read my specs on my two systems.

which system in your opinion is the best?

My AMD runs like its got low memory even tho it has a gig.

My Celeron runs like its got alot of memory but it has 768 MB

So,
please tell me which computer is going to run faster and if possible, how to make the AMD faster

really...all i really need to know is which processor is better, the celeron 2.66 or the AMD Athon 2800+ 1.8 Ghz?

You run Windows, so I advise doing completely clean installations on both the machines to make a fair comparison.

alright, so the AMD 2800 runs faster? Im not very knowledgable with AMD at all, and the AMD is my brothers computer, but what would make it dreadfully slow? the fact that its only 1.8 Ghz?

oh, and some more info:

both systems have video chipsets, the intel computer has 8 MB RAM taken by video, and the AMD has 64 MB RAM taken by video (that sucks)

Ummm... Try this

Basically, you can choose the different processors which are tested on equal "systems". this will give you a better feel for which processor is faster. Oh, by the way, the AMD wins in the PC mark 04.... ;)

talldude123 said:
alright, so the AMD 2800 runs faster? Im not very knowledgable with AMD at all, and the AMD is my brothers computer, but what would make it dreadfully slow? the fact that its only 1.8 Ghz?

Yes, the AMD 2800+ will process things at the same rate as a pentium processor that runs at 2.8 GHz. Even though the clock speed is 1.8GHz...

The dreadfully slow part is probably spyware or adware, or perhaps his internet browser has been hijacked.

I agree with Qiranworms, format then reload windows and see what happens then..... :)

talldude123 said:

Is higher peformance, not runs faster. Anyways it feels slow because of some stupid spyware, virus, old windows installation, slow hard drives ect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom